Kinan is the Mayan word for the healing energy of the sun. Similar to the Asian concept of Chi, Kinan is also used to refer to an individual's energy. Our mission is to help you transform and unlock your inner energy and spirit. Each building, spa treatment room and waterfall has been aligned to the stars to ensure positive energy flow so the body, mind and spirit are in harmony. The treatment rooms point directly east to west representing the balance of the day and night. The massage beds are placed so guests' heads are at the west looking towards the east - representing new beginnings; and the relaxation room is pointing north - representing earth and grounding.
Many of the treatments offered at Kinan are based on ancient Mayan healing. Some of the services will not be found any where else in this world. Enter, explore and experience our Mayan Spa sanctuary on the glorious Riviera Maya.
Body & Facial Experiences
- Kinan Body Glow
- For bright, smooth, baby-like skin and remove dead cells from your body, try our sugar moscabado and bee honey organic scrub all over your body.
- Maroma Polish
- Uniquely engineered to resurface and reactivate that healthy glow, while delivering an intense dose of hydration. Infused with a network of finely polished corundum crystals-the kind used in professional micro-dermabrasion.
- Scrub Aroma Mass - Organic
- This traditional body Scrub is the way forward, and will increases blood circulation, promotes healthy, skin cells, etc... You can choose from relaxing (lavender, eucalyptus, geranium almond oil, Shea butter, etc.), detox (cypress, juniper, sesame, Shea butter, etc) or exotic (lit sea, Ylang Ylang, almond oil, Shea butter, etc..) experience by using different organic essential oils to complete the treatment ending with a relaxing massage
- Sun Burn Treatment - Organic
- Get soothing, cooling with this calming treatment derived from natural and organic ingredients such as chamomile, lavender, Aloe Vera, and Rassoul Clay will help to recover the glow in your skin.
- Detox Mayan Herbal Wrap - Organic
- Heated sheets of pure cotton infused with local healing herbs, known through the ages for their detoxifying properties, are wrapped around your body, drawing out toxins and bringing them to your skin's surface. Exfoliation with local honey and salt cleanses these toxins away, leaving your body free of impurities.
- Anti cellulite & Detox Cocoon Wrap - Organic
- Being cocooned with organic green clay and spirulina algae is one of the most therapeutic ways to detoxify the body, smoothen and soften your skin and also work as a great anti - cellulite treatment - Hair Spa Included
Rituals of Touch
All of the following treatments can be catered towards couples.
- Anti-stress Back Treatment
- 50 minutes to restore the energy flow to the nerve endings, flexibility, to relieve muscular tension, brings back strength to your back and relieve stress from neck and shoulders by using Aromatherapy and specific massage techniques.
- Anti-stress Body Therapy
- 80 minutes of intense massage in specific areas where the body accumulate stress like head, neck, shoulders, hands, legs, feet, back and gluteus using shiatsu technique and herbal bags to relieve muscular tension. A truly experience to recover energy flow for the body and relieve all kind of stress.
- Hot, Healing Poultice
- Local medicinal herbs and essential oils are carefully collected and prepared by hand, then wrapped in organic cotton and steamed, intensifying their potency. This is massaged into the body while warm, opening the pores, releasing tension, and improving circulation. A dynamic oil massage completes this healing treatment.
- Lomi Lomi
- This massage is one of the oldest and deepest forms of restorative body work. Working into the muscles with continuous, flowing strokes and allowing total nurturing to the body enables total relaxation. This ancient healing massage will purify your entire being, and assist in letting go of old beliefs, patterns and behaviors. For the ultimate experience, try with four hands!
- Mud Massage
- Our traditional Mexican mud is a concentration of minerals and vitamins that are easy for the skin to absorb. This beautifying treatment also helps arthritis, hormonal imbalances, post surgery recovery and muscle recovery in sport medicine. In addition, anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and natural antibiotics are found in this healing mud. Allow Mother Nature to do her best work.
- Hot Stone Experience
- Stones are the oldest materials on the earth and have accumulated healing energy from memorable times. You are massaged with a combination of warmed river stones and aromatic oils. At the completion of this treatment, you will feel a sense of new vitality and strength flowing through out your body, mind and spirit.
- Thai Massage
- This therapy is like doing yoga without the effort. Sessions are performed on a floor mat with our guests dressed in comfortable loose clothing. This massage uses two primary procedures; applying gentle pressure with the hands and feet, and a wide variety of passive stretching movements. With these techniques, space and flexibility are created in the musco-skeletal structure, while the mind gently returns to calm alertness. May be performed outdoors on the beach or at the Kinan Spa.
- Relax and heal with a Reiki treatment. Our Reiki Therapists use their hands to channel energy from the universe to your body and to help the body heal itself. Reiki Therapy can help relieve pain, boost the immune system and relax the nervous system. Kinan also suggests you combine the Body oil Ceremony with Reiki for a healing hour therapy.
- Aroma color Therapy (Reiki, Aromatherapy and Quartz)
- Combining Universal Energy (Reiki), Mineral Energy (Quartz) and Botanic (Aromatherapy) we create an inner balance with this therapy bringing peace to your mind, body and soul.
- Body Relaxing Massage
- Experience the healing effects of customized aromatherapy in a relaxing and restorative massage. This Swedish massage begins with a consultation with our trained Aromatherapists and together you select which oils are best suited for your healing needs. The uniquely blended massage oil will rebalance your vital energies by restoring harmony and calm to your body, mind and spirit.
- Deep Tissue Massage
- This massage is custom designed to target your specific areas of tension and soreness. By using deep pressure contact, this massage will help improve flexibility and mobility in the muscles. The perfect massage for those who prefer stronger hands and a firm touch.
- Reflexology helps the body to restore and maintain its natural equilibrium, and encourages healing. Tensions are eased and circulation is improved. Reflexology is a theory of healing based on massaging reflex areas on the feet that are linked to other areas and organs of the body within the same zone. Congestion or tension in any part of the foot is mirrored in the corresponding part of the body. Walk out of a Reflexology session and you will walk to difference.
Add On Treatments
- Hair Spa
- Intensive treatment with Rosemary, Lavender, Jojoba and Ylang Ylang organic essential oils created for damaged hair are the perfect combination for amazing results, this treatment it can be a good complement for a massage, facial or body wrap.
- Quantum Touch
- Beyond the paradigm of disease, is the concept of "wellness": constantly striving to achieve greater states of well-being, health, fitness, and happiness. Receiving regular Quantum-Touch sessions can be part of an ongoing wellness program. Quantum-Touch uses resonance and entrainment to facilitate healing. The practitioner learns to raise his or her vibration and create a high level of energy. If that energy field is placed around an area of pain, stress, inflammation, or disease, that part of the body will entrain to the higher frequency and allow one's own biological intelligence to do whatever healing it deems necessary. In principal the Quantum-Touch practitioner learns to focus and amplify life-force energy ("Chi" or "Prana") by combining various breathing and body awareness exercises.
We like to make sure that our guests are well looked after and feel there best, we offer the perfect treatments to make sure your hands feet and hair feel and look there best. At the Kinan Spa, we believe in providing our guests with the essential services that a person will need to look good. We serve a whole range of services.
- Feet and Hands
- Classic manicure, Classic pedicure, Spa pedicure, Spa manicure, Callus treatment, Polish change, Aromatherapy paraffin dip (hand and feet).
- Lip wax, Eyebrow wax, Bikini wax, Chin and lip wax, Full face wax, Underarm arms, Full legs, Half legs, Full legs and bikini, Back wax
- Hair Salon
- Women's cut and blow dry, Women's cut only- no blow dry, Men's cut, Trim only, Shampoo and blow dry, up do, Bridal up do, French braids, Shampoo (with scalp massage), Straight hair blow dry ( cut and wavy)
- Scalp Treatment
- Dry hair, Color treatment, Sun protection, Intensive repaired
Signature Spa Treatments
- Kinan Ritual
- You are cleansed through the humble power of local herbs that are infused into hot sheets that are wrapped around your body. The combination of heat and herbs helps draw unwanted toxins to the skin's surface. Next is a full body exfoliation with local honey and salt. Be ready to receive a vigorous four hand massage and feel the powers of Kinan Spa. This Kinan spiritual, physical and mental ritual cleanses and renews.
- Mayan Goddess - Organic
- Based on local ingredients this beauty ancient treatment begins with an exfoliation (lime, sugar and honey) to bring back the natural tone of the skin, followed by a clay body mask mixed with avocado oil to moisturize, soften and regenerate the skin.
- The Mayan Temazcal is similar to a North American Indian sweat lodge where heated volcanic rocks are doused with herb infused water to create aromatic and healing steam. Offered at dusk, this ritualistic treatment weaves together ancient traditions, chants and meditation. The body is nourished during the treatment, using fruit and enriched mineral mud. After the sun sets, guests are taken to the sea for a cool cleansing plunge. This experience leaves an overall feeling of cleanliness, calm and inner peace.
- Aphrodisiac's Chocolate Invigoration - For couples only
- Release yourself to this chocolate invigoration. Let us take you and your partner to a place of internal heat and chocolate aromas. We begin by exfoliating the entire body with natural cocoa leaving you ready for a purely smooth chocolate immersion. Your body is massaged with the finest warmed chocolate and then gently wrapped, so you feel the heat! The treatment is complete with a massage using 100% pure chocolate and coconut créme. Our Aphrodisiac Invigoration leaves you and your partner ready to experience the magic of Maroma.
- Through gentle rocking movements and stretching in our meditation pool, this treatment allows both physical and emotional blockages to be gently released. Each session takes place in warm, chest-high water and involves a series of flowing, dance-like movements. Allow yourself to be nurtured and healed through this very tender, yet powerful water massage.
Kinan Mud Bar
Kinan Spa offers a Mayan Mud Bar. This new service was created for those who prefer to self apply mud in the privacy of our luscious sauna and steam rooms.Choose from the four different healing muds.
- Mayan clay provides moisture, nutrients and is purifying to the whole body. This clay is especially good for premature aging and expression lines. Remember to put in your hair as it is healing and restorative. Good for all skin types.
- Black mud is a combination of volcanic mud, arnica extracts and eucalyptus. This black mud is an anti-inflammatory, anti-septic, heals scars and is extremely hydrating. Very good for dry skin and sun-damaged skin.
- Red Mud is mainly used to refresh the skin and to calm any skin irritations. The red mud also acts as an analgesic, so it is very beneficial for sore, hurting muscles. Good for all skin types.
- Green Mud is the most astringent of all of our mud and is excellent for oily and acne skin. This mud has many healing properties that act as an antiseptic for external wounds.
The Maya Temazcal is similar to a North American Indian sweat lodge where heated volcanic rocks are doused with herb infused water to create aromatic and healing steam. Offered at dusk, this ritualistic treatment weaves together ancient traditions, chants and meditation.
The body is nourished during the treatment, using fruit and enriched mineral mud. After the sun sets, guests are taken to the sea for a cool cleansing plunge. This experience leaves an overall feeling of cleanliness, calm and inner peace.